Safety and Security
Toboc.com is focussed on giving you, our esteemed members, the best experience while exploring the universe of online trading. We ensure that the utmost safety is ensured for the personally identifiable information (your identity, professional address, contact details etc.) that you provide us as well as your online trading activity. However, as with any web-portal, a degree of risk is always involved with regards to malicious computer programs and individuals who are looking to exploit the loopholes in a system to ‘steal’ data and other sensitive information for their personal gain. These malicious activities are collectively termed as ‘Internet Fraud’. As a responsible net browser, you can ensure that these risks are cancelled by following some basic and simple steps:
- The username and Password that you use to log into Toboc.com is personal and sensitive information. Kindly don’t share this with anyone or write it down in a medium that can be easily accessed by others. Unauthorised use of your password cannot be distinguished by the system unless you expressively intimate it to us.
- While communicating with traders online, ensure that you don’t commit to any trading commitment unless you are completely assured of the genuineness of the trade offer as well as the trader making this offer. While we at Toboc ensure through a strenuous manual check that all new profiles added on the website are genuine, it is your duty to ensure your professional safety by double-checking everything.
- When trading online, information is everything. However, information can be twisted to appear credible while it may not always be the case. Beware of companies that provide minimal contact information- just a fax number, an email id on their profile. The company website may appear professional and genuine but it could just be a disguise. Always conduct your own internet search to generate more credible facts about the company. In case of further queries, contact us.
- Spamming is a constant menace in any online situation. Kindly don’t encourage spamming or indulge in any in your own capacity. Spamming is defined as any activity wherein you indulge in excessive self-promotion at the expense of another individual’s privacy and membership rights. Kindly report any spamming activity when you suspect a member of indulging in it.
- Be particularly watchful about payments made via credit cards. A fraud buyer may insist on splitting a large payment via 3-4 credit cards and use stolen credit cards to complete this transaction. While this may not always be the case, it’s better to ensure your own safety by requesting for payment options that are comfortable for you.
You can read more tips about fighting internet fraud here: Safety Tips
For any instances listed above, or if you seek any clarifications, kindly contact us now.